Saturday, May 20, 2006

On a more personal note . . .

I love ideas. I could spend the rest of my life wrestling with ideas. There is a Hasidic Jewish view of heaven held by some rabbis that heaven will be a place to ponder God for all eternity. There is no end to the person of God, so it is not impossible. In any case I am sure I will have time to get back to some of these ideas in the future, but for now I wanted to share some of my experience of the last few weeks.

As a church leader I find one of the hardest things to do is being undistracted in worship on Sunday morning. The chance to be away, if only for a weekend, where I was not responsible was immeasurable. The worship leaders at GrowUp and Northpoint did a spectacular job. In the final session of the GrowUp conference the well-planned agenda was set aside and in worship we revelled at a future when all people will glorify God.

Throughout the conference we saw glimpes of family ministry in other countries overcoming incredible cultural obstacles to reach families in Brazil, Bosnia and South Africa. One day "the dancers will dance upon injustice" in those countries. My heart is broken by the obstacles churches throughout the world face and the luxury we have in North America to be self-focused.

God is moving. It is great to be part of His Big Story.

No comments: